background

January 30, 2013

A Chilly, Chilli Day

Yesterday was a very cold day! The kind of day when you want to snuggle up in front of a warm fire, wrapped in a blanket, eating chocolate and reading a good book. Unfortunately, it was ballet day. So instead of staying in the warm confines of our home, I ventured out on the slippery, snowy roads with two kids in tow. I am very grateful for a new, reliable vehicle (with heated seats to boot!). The van warmed up quite quickly and the layers upon layers of snow gear covering the girls, did seem a little like over kill. In my defence, considering how sick we have been lately, I wasn't taking any chances! Needless to say, we got safely, and warmly, to dance and back and then cuddled on the couch watching movies in the afternoon.

For dinner last night, I made a scrumptious pot of chilli and paired it with my exceptionally yummy cornbread. (I am not a cook, and have never professed to be one, but chilli and cornbread, that I can cook!) It was the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day. Let's just say, Sophie liked it:

No comments:

Post a Comment