One of the reasons for the hectic month, was my sudden desire to DIY. I have had a couple projects in mind for a year or more now and decided to bite the bullet and get them done! My poor husband! That being said, I have tried to do as much of the work myself as I can (I have stayed away from the table saw and nail gun, favouring instead priming and painting and what seems to be a never ending mountain of sanding. Orbital sander, sanding block, sheets of sand paper, I have used it all!!) I digress. The projects (yes plural) are almost done and I am so excited! They are so brilliant that I believe they deserve their own post. So stay tuned over the next little while.
Eating again.
S ophie is happiest when her mouth is stuffed.
She is such a good eater, and is consequently growing so big,
that I finally caved and actually bought a highchair.
$20 at Ikea. "Hey! Big spender! "
Sophie loves looking at herself (as all babies do) in the mirror and in pictures. One day, we were feeling a bit silly and thought it would be a good time to document our beauty... or should I say potential beauty. I love my kids!
This was Rory's first Sunday in Sunbeams!
Daddy made the girls a fort in the hallway.
Time for a funny story. When I was expecting Sophie, I heard many a lighthearted comment about naming my second child after a Disney character. (Note: I did not name Rory, Aurora because of Sleeping Beauty. In fact, I didn't realize that was Sleeping Beauty's name until after the fact. Nevertheless, Rory probably has every Disney's Princess Aurora toy, book, blanket, doll ever made.) We decided to, obviously, go a different route and named baby girl #2, Sophia. Well skip forward a couple months and what do I read but a news article about Disney's new (TV) princess Sofia. Too funny! Anyways Sofia the First was a Disney TV movie that aired back in December. We PVRed it and the girls watch it frequently. There is also a regular half hour TV show now. Anyways, to celebrate Disney's newest princess, Chapters had a party this past Saturday. We took the girls to see what it was all about. It was a really fun morning. They read a story, had crown colouring, stickers, posters, face painting, and even a real buuny for the kids to pet! And it was all free. It was a really nice way to spend the one (and only) hour that we had to all be together that day!
Rory colouring her crown.
Listening to the story.
Showing off her stickers and bookmark.
(She was ridiculously excited about that bookmark!)
Petting the bunny.
Turns out there is an animal that Rory isn't terrified to death of.
Good to know!
Sophie freaking out because she wanted the bunny.
Rory posing with Sofia.
Aurora and Sophia with Sofia.
Face painting!
Showing off her princess face paint.
Little Princess Sofia face.
It was a fun little break in an overwhelmingly busy weekend, month, year (so far). Now I just have to finish my DIY projects, and get ready for Sophie's birthday!!! I'm trying not to go over the top with this party but from the number of exclamation points used, I'm sure you can tell how excited I am and how hard it will be to reign me back it (though Matt, bless his heart, is sure to try!). I'll keep you posted!















No comments:
Post a Comment