background

September 27, 2012

School Time

With September, comes the beginning of school. It is still weird for me not to go back to school in the fall after doings it for 18 straight years. Rory was caught up in the magic of back to school as well, even though she is still two years away from kindergarten. She decided she really wanted to teach a class, so she set all her animals up on the stairs and asked me to bring the chalkboard out so she could teach them.

I love this girl so much! She and I have been struggling lately. We are so similar. Both stubborn and dramatic. It can lead to some major showdowns. I was told recently that I am really great with my sunbeams (3-4 yr old kids at church) because I am so patient. Teaching them has made me realize that I have the ability to be more patient with Rory. I am trying hard to develop my patience even more, because I know that I will only need it more and more as this girl becomes more and more independent.  That being said, being dramatic may give you some pretty low lows, but it also leads to some crazy highs! Every smile, hug or kiss and funny comment that comes from this girl just melts me heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment