background

September 11, 2012

Sophie-licious

I recently had the pleasure of holding a tiny little newborn baby boy. My heart ached a little when I looked at him and thought of how much Sophie has grown. She is getting so big! Apart from being bigger at 6 months than Rory was at 12, she is also getting stronger and smarter and is overflowing with personality! She loves to talk and smile and giggle with her sister. Her smiles fill her whole face and show off her adorable teeth! She found her toes and loves to chew on them. She also spends more time sitting than lying down and has learned to fall over with grace as her stomach muscles strengthened, so no more bonking her head painfully on the ground. She still despises tummy time and has not figured out rolling over but who cares! She will get it when she gets it! Her bangs are getting longer and I actually was able to put a hair clip in them on Sunday! (It didn't stay in long enough to make it to church but I still consider it a success!!)
Sitting up on her own and swinging on the swing at the park!
Sophie's newest trick in eating solid foods. When I say solid food, I mean people food, not baby food. About a week ago Sophie decided she didn't like to eat mashed food or baby cereal anymore. I had never given her store bought food, so from the beginning she had eaten food that had actual taste and texture. So it wasn't much of a stretch to move to the real thing. I still sneak in baby food when I can because I want her to have a healthy balanced diet, but if we are eating at the table as a family she insists on doing so with us. A trait that she apparently got from me.
 Eating pears, cheese and cheerios.
 First time eating a graham cracker (as well as cheese and bananas). 
She loved it!
 I was making dinner and turned around and saw this. My cuties!
 Scrambled eggs, fruit and toast. Loved the toast!

As for baby food Sophie still eats sweet potato, carrots, peaches, avocado, banana and cereal and we added broccoli, peas, cheese, tomatoes, pears, mango, grapes, cantaloupe, ground beef, hot dogs, eggs, crackers, cheerios, cornbread, pancakes, bread and graham crackers as well as nursing (which I still do about 8-10 times a day). I must say I enjoy her eating normal food. So much easier! I'm not a fan of the baby food days.

No comments:

Post a Comment