background

January 25, 2012

Holidays


This post is clearly very overdue, but I'm pregnant. And by that I mean slow and forgetful. So to fill you in on our holidays, I have written this belated summary:

We had a great time over the holidays visiting with family. In Cardston we hung out, watched movies, shopped, went bowling, ate, went to the temple and celebrated Christmas with the family. It was a great break and we enjoyed the time we were able to spend with family. The Beazer family is going to be growing soon with the birth of three grandbabies between now and the end of February, so there will probably be less chances to get together as a big family. After 5 or so days in Cardston we drove home, did laundry, put away our new presents and toys, got one good sleep in our own beds and then headed up to Edmonton the next morning.

In Edmonton we hung out with family too. We watched TV and movies, read books, play some games, did the annual giant crossword puzzle in the Edmonton Journal, had our own Hudson Christmas and ate A LOT of food (yummy cinnamon buns!!). While we were there, Matt and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. It was a wonderful day! We did a session in the Edmonton Temple and it was the first time back in that temple in a while (we mostly go to the Cardston one now) and the first time back on the actually anniversary of our sealing. It was an amazing experience and Matt and I were both grinning from ear to ear the whole time. 

Our camera isn't the greatest so I don't have many pictures from the trip but I did take a couple on my phone (which sadly works better than the actual camera). Here are a few Christmas pictures for you (and some from January too)!
 Our Christmas tree.
Bowling with the Beazer's. Check out Rory's bowling shoes!! 
 The Beazer's Christmas tree
 Fondue on Christmas Eve. Rory was a big fan!
Rory's new Christmas PJs 
Getting ready for church on Christmas Sunday. 
Rory's new baby, Sally; who she got for Christmas from Santa.
 Matt got to go to the World Juniors gold medal game in Calgary and cheered on team Sweden! (Canada got bronze)
Rory showing off her new PJ pants made for her by my Grandma McMullin. 
She wouldn't take them off for two days. 
 During the deep freeze last week we had to venture out and I wanted to make sure Rory was warm enough. She could hardly walk.
Baby Mila came to visit on Monday. Rory was so excited. 
Now she keeps asking when her baby is going to get out and play with her. Hopefully SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment