Christmas is my favourite time of year. I love the lights and the decorations. I love shopping for gifts, wrapping, baking. I love the music and the spirit that fills our home as we celebrate the birth of the Saviour. Christmas is in full swing around here. I am having so much fun with Rory as she explores all the festive traditions all over again. The stockings are up by the fireplace and Rory tells me multiple times a day that we need to bring them with us to Grandma's house so that Santa can fill hers with toys and ponies and princesses. She helped me shop and wrap the presents which are all under the tree. We also put a lot of focus on the real meaning and purpose of the holiday. I bought Rory a wooden nativity set and Rory loves to play with it. She knows the different people and when we read the story in the scriptures she picks up each person as we talk about them. I'm so happy to see her so interested in the birth of our Saviour.
For Family Home Evening this past week we decorated gingerbread cookies (or cookie monsters as Rory calls them). Rory was over the moon excited about this and talked about it all day. She kept asking when we would colour the cookies and I told her we had to wait for Daddy to get home from work and then we had to eat dinner. The second we finished she was on us to decorate. We are going to decorate more cookies tomorrow night as it was such a fun thing to do as a family.
Rory with her decorated cookie.
Rory and her daddy.
Now you see it, now you don't!
Yesterday we went to our ward Christmas party. It is always a great night and this year was no different. The food was Amazing! A full turkey dinner with all the fixings. I had two helpings of almost everything. (I can get away with that, being 30 weeks preggers and all.) The gym was decorated beautifully (Matt and Rory and I helped decorate, so I'm a bit biased.). The program was nice, and short, and then Santa came! Rory was soooooo excited to see Santa. She'd been talking about it all week. I told her she had to tell Santa what she wanted in her stocking so he would know what to get her. So she told him.
Rory with Santa at the 2nd Ward Christmas party.
Rory was so excited to see Santa.
Following the Santa visit, there was a dance and Rory had a great time shaking it with all her friends. On the way home from the party, Rory said: "Santa went back home. He's going to get me my toys and ponies and princesses and go to Gramma's house and put them in my stocking for me to have for Christmas. Right?" I'm not going to lie, I'm just as excited about Christmas as she is, quite possibly more so. Having a kid who understands the excitement of the season just makes me so excited!
Rory and me at 30 weeks.
Rory tells me daily that I have a really big tummy.
Well that's it for us for now. We are off to Cardston this week and then Edmonton the week after to spend some quality time with both of our families. This will probably be our last time visiting before the much awaited arrival of our precious little bundle of baby. We are going to enjoy relaxing and hanging out with family. A great time to recharge for what is sure to be a very busy new year!
Merry Christmas to you from the Beazers!
No comments:
Post a Comment