background

November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks

This past weekend we went down to Cardston to visit with Matt's family and celebrate American Thanksgiving. It is our tradition to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with the Hudson family and American Thanksgiving with the Beazers. We had a nice weekend and were able to visit with all of Matt's siblings as well as some of his extended family. Celebrating Thanksgiving twice really gives a person the opportunity to think about her blessings, and I am truly blessed. 

I am grateful for many things, but most importantly I am thankful for my family, Hudson and Beazer, and for the love and support I receive from them. Rory and Matt are my life. I would be no where and no one with out them in my life. I am also grateful for my pregnancy, though I don't alway enjoy the actual being pregnant part. We had a bit of a scare with this pregnancy. At an ultrasound, I was told that my placenta was in a position that could make having a natural delivery dangerous. It is referred to as marginal previa. Though the ultrasound showed that the baby was healthy as could be, the placenta placement worried me as did all the potential issues that could develop as my pregnancy progressed. The idea of bed rest with a two year old was frightening as was the prospect of a c-section, not to mention the fact that my history with preterm labour could complicate things even further.

Last week, after 6 weeks of waiting, with nothing to do but fast and pray and hold our breaths, we went in for an ultrasound to see if the placenta placement had changed. To our great relief it had! I am now out of danger and should be able to have a natural delivery.  

I am so grateful for family who kept us in their thoughts and prayers. And I am so grateful for the blessings of motherhood and am eagerly awaiting the healthy arrival of our precious little boy or girl.
An updated picture of our bundle of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment