So I decided to throw a little bash of my own! We invited Rory's friends and their families and a couple friends and family members of our own. It was a lot of fun! It was so busy I didn't get a lot of pictures. Too bad. I love to document our girls' lives this endless pictures. I mean endless. What did people do before digital cameras?!
Monster pudding cups with crushed oreos
Mummy juice boxes
Healthier options...oh wait, is that chocolate sauce?
Ya it is!
Some of the decor.
I decided to start a new tradition (I love traditions!)
The night before Halloween, we carved our pumpkin and had ghost pancakes! Yum!
Rory was pretty excited about the new tradition. She ate four pancakes!
My original plan was to dress up as Goldilocks and the three bears, but Rory insisted on being Merida from Brave. How could I say no to that! Brave was an awesome movie and Merida is a great role model, great shot with her bow and arrow and no prince in the picture. So I dug through her dress up box and found a suitable gown. I put her hair in rags and then sprayed her curls with red hair spray. She was just too cute. Matt also made her a bow and some arrows. It really works! He gets Dad of the year for that!
Sophie went as a bear. If you've seen the movie you get it. If you haven't, watch it.

The cutest bear ever!
My cuties.
Kill shot!
Matt and my costumes were unrelated to the kidlets this year. Sad I know, but I had to give Rory a little bit on independence. She is three after all. I was Katniss Everdeen and Matt was Peeta Mellark. Yes, I am a Hunger Games nerd. Books and movie if I'm being honest.
The family.
Rory and I are hardcore female heroines!
Star-crossed lovers of District 12
Nightlock anyone?
So it's Hallows Eve and I had just finish shovelling soup down Rory's throat and turned to get her costume ready to put on and what does she do? Throw up on my carpet of course. She doesn't seem to be too sick though, so Matt took her out anyways. Maybe she was just super excited or maybe I made her eat too much. All I know was that her hair was already red, she'd already trick-or-treated family members over Skype. There was no turning back.
All bundled up and ready to go!
How Sophie spent Halloween.
Rory showing off her loot.
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful Halloween!!





No comments:
Post a Comment