We are not the best at having Family Home Evening every Monday night. I understand how important it is to set that time aside and spend it together as a family, but we still seem to skip more weeks than we should. We have been putting a conscious effort in to being better at this, and to make it easy and convenient for us, we tend to have FHE while sitting at the dinner table. That way Rory can't run away.
Our Bishop has given us counsel as a ward to memorize all thirteen Articles of Faith this year. Matt and I know all of them but sometimes forget the order. So we have been dedicating FHE as a time to learn about and memorize the Articles of Faith as a family. Today we learned about the 8th Article of Faith, which according to Rory goes something like this:
"We believe the Burger to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly.
We also believe the Boogie Moron to be the word of God."
If you are not familiar with our doctrine, it should say "Bible" and "Book of Mormon".
For those of you wondering, NO Rory does not have the Articles of Faith memorized. She was just repeating after Matt, like she does when she prays. I thought it was funny that she pronounced translated correctly but not Bible!
We ended the evening with a family bike ride, well Matt and Rory did. I don't have a bike yet.
Rory's new helmet.
First bike ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment