Rory is growing up before our very eyes. Just yesterday she started doing a handful of things that she has never done before. She loves to quote movies as she watches them. This she got from me. No question about it, that is a Hudson gene! She also has started talking to characters on TV when they ask questions and yells repetitive phrases from shows like "Oh, Toodles!" (from Mickey Mouse Club House) along with the characters.
She thinks it is hilarious to hide under blankets. This is not new, but what is new is the fact that she will actually sit quietly under a blanket for a good 5-10 minutes waiting for you to "find" her. All the while playing a game on one of our iPhones of course. She is never without an iPhone if she can help it. Sometimes she has both of them, though when she is feeling generous she will share.
Connor is her best friend and
she likes him enough to share one of her iPhones with him.
She also started walking backwards yesterday and thinks is is quite amusing to back into Matt when he is lying on the living room floor and sit on his chest. This makes her giggle and giggle. It is so cute. Sadly she also seems to have a drinking problem...
We are working on counselling her through this particularly difficult period. Fortunately for her, and us, all three of those cups are full of water. Pretty safe stuff. Unless you're the one changing the diapers. Which, of course, I am.
She is also slowly, very slowly, warming up to nursery. In fact she felt comfortable enough there on Sunday that she passed out cold (Just to clarify, she fell asleep, she did not faint) and had to be carried to Matt. Most likely she used up all her energy screaming her lungs out in the first half an hour of class. However difficult and exhausting it is to try and deal with this drama on Sundays, its nice to know she loves me so! I guess I must be doing something right. And boy do I ever love her too!
I have been going a bit insane lately as we are kind of in a waiting period before we can move forward (with house hunting and stuff) and I am without a church calling or a lot of responsibilities lately. So I have been reading. I do this when I can't possibly watch a disney princess movie one more time without having my brains disintegrate inside my skull. Rory, who misses nothing, has observed me reading on more then one occasion. She now likes to pick up my book and spout out a bunch of gibberish as if reading out loud. She does this for a remarkably long time considering there are no pictures to interest her in these books. I believe I have a natural born reader on my hands. Or she watches too much Beauty and the Beast. Or perhaps both.
No comments:
Post a Comment