As it has again been six months since I last posted, I decided to split this post into three so as to not be too overwhelming for, well, my mom, who is likely my only reader (insert dorky little winky face here). This is the first post. It will be a short recap of life in the last six months. Stay tuned for more detailed accounts of our most special moments.
Fall
This fall, Rory started French immersion kindergarten! She is in a class of 19 kids and goes in the morning (If I got to pick she would definitely be going in the afternoon. Believe me!). She is thriving; making friends, learning french, and having fun!
September decided to crush any last hope of summer by hitting us with a CRAZY snowstorm that lasted for days and left a TON of snow behind.
With the upcoming arrival of our baby, we decided to stay home for Thanksgiving and cook our very first turkey dinner. Some of my family was able to come visit with us. We ate some seriously scrumptious food! Everyone pitched in with dinner and Matt made the BEST turkey I've ever had. We hung out in our FINISHED basement! (finished literally minutes before company came.) We took advantage of having extra muscle and asked our family for help moving the furniture in. Don't worry we paid them in food. The weather was so beautiful, we walked to the park and the girls flew kites. It was a great day!
October holds one of my favourite events of year (now two, but I'll get to that later), Halloween! As I have mentioned many a time, the drama nerd in me practically geeks out all year long to find the perfect costumes. This year was very tricky for me as I wasn't sure if I needed a maternity costume or a postpartum and baby costume. Turns out I needed both, but I digress. This years theme was Cat in the Hat.
We dressed up for our ward Halloween party. I'm glad we did because it was my only opportunity to wear my costume (As you can see from the pictures, I didn't put too much effort into my costume. I wasn't sure I would get a chance to wear it.)
A couple of days after the party we got the best surprise ever, the early arrival of our first boy, Jasper Matthew Beazer. For more info on baby Jase and all the excitement around his birth stayed tuned for an "Introducing Jasper" post.
Three days after Jase joined us, the really Halloween arrived. Matt took the girls out trick or treating (it was so nice and warm out!) and I stayed home with Baby and my mom handing out candy to the neighbourhood kids.
Rory's school doesn't celebrate Halloween, but they have a black and orange day.
Rory was so excited to wear her black and orange outfit.
Winter
November brought with it the return of snow and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for answering my prayer to hold the snow off until the baby arrived. In November, we took our (almost always) annual trip to Cardston for American Thanksgiving. This year we went to the Remington Carriage Museum. To be honest, I had never been before. It was pretty cool. The girls had fun.
December means Christmas! We had fun attending our church Christmas party and Rory's Kindergarten Christmas concert. I helped organize our church Relief Society Christmas meeting. It was a wonderful night of crafting, fondue, and visiting. The message of the giving gifts to the Saviour was really inspiring.
Sophie and I went to the Nativity show.
Rory was sick so we took a picture of her nativity painting. (Big blue canvas in top photo)
We then went out for sinner just the two of us.
All dressed up for the ward Christmas party.

Rory at her school concert.
We continued our new tradition of staying home for Christmas this year (love it!). We went down to Cardston the weekend before and spent some time with the Beazers. We came home and had friends over for a traditional (for us) raclette Christmas eve dinner. Yum! After they went home, we had a spiritual "family home evening" of sorts. We read the nativity story in the scriptures, acted it out with wooden nativity pieces and read some other Christmas stories. We sang the Friendly Beasts (a Hudson tradition) and gave "gifts" to the Saviour. (Essentially making goals for how we can be better, serve others, be more like Him.)

In their Christmas jammies.

Cookies for Santa.
And a note asking him to move the tree and presents into the family room.
He does this every year while the kids sleep. They think its magical. I think Santa is probably regretting starting this tradition.
Christmas morning with the kids was FUN! They are a great age and were really excited but still kind. Each time one of them opened a gift, the other will exclaim, "and you can share that with me too!" We were able to FaceTime Grandma and Grandpa Beazer so they could watch the kids open their gifts.
The hit gift. Frozen microphone and ukulele.
Batman and Robin shirts for my boys.
We surprised the girls with this house facade for the crawl space under the basement stairs. Unfortunately we didn't have time to finish it so we decorated it in Christmas lights. They loved it anyways.

After our cyber visit, we drove up to Edmonton to Skype my brother on his mission. It was so nice to talk to him!
Cousin Twins chillin'
(For more info on the cousin twins check the introducing Jasper post.
When I get around to writing it.)
Grandma McMullins first time holding Jase.
Introducing Jase to his Great Great Grandma Kirkham.
We had a great visit in Edmonton and then traveled home for a Young Mens movie marathon (all 3 hobbits and 3 extended edition LOTR) in our basement and a fun New years eve party at a friends. We bailed early, because we are lame like that. Or old like that. Or lame and old like that. We're cool with it. We are usually totally partied out by New Years so we don't make a big deal of it.
Well that was my lame sum up of 2014, the highlight of which was the arrival of Mr. Jasper Jase. Stay tuned for more info (and tons of pictures!) about him and some fun times so far in 2015.











Your kids are so cute! I've never heard of that museum before- it looks like a neat place to check out.
ReplyDelete