background

May 6, 2012

Oh My! It's May!

Do you ever feel like the longer you put something off the harder it is to do? I certainly do! I have meant to write a blog post for over a month now. In fact, I have started several, but have abandoned my writing before I even really started. Not today!! I will fill you in on all the wonderfully fun things we have done since my last post WAY back in March!


We have gotten into a great weekly routine that includes Zumba two mornings a week. It is great exercise for me and Rory has lots of friends to run around and play with. Sophie naps in her carseat. What a good girl! I work out at home the other three mornings during the week (not on weekends) and have seen some pretty good results so far. I am down 2lbs (boo!) and 6 inches!!! Its been great to get back in shape, fit my clothes better and have the energy to put up with two crazy girls! Still have a long way to go though. We also go to a playgroup every other week which gives Rory another chance to play (and avoid the boredom that seems to be ever present at home, despite the plethora of toys in the playroom!). It also gives me a couple hours of visiting time with some good friends. I really love it!


We also took Sophie on two little road trips in the month of April. We went down south to Cardston for Easter, to attend my nephew Bentley's baby blessing. Sophie was a great traveller. She slept the whole time in the car and through the night, even though she was in an unfamiliar place. Matt ended up having a business trip in Nisku the last week of April, which is very close to Edmonton. Instead of staying home with two kids, we went up as a family and stayed at my parents place. It was a great trip too! Since returning home, Rory has been missing both of her grandmas very much! (and her papas too, I'm sure!)


Speaking of Rory, that girl is turning into quite a character! She is so fun and cute and very witty! Oh she makes me laugh! Here are a couple of my favourite Rory moments:


- While spring cleaning, I assigned Rory the task of cleaning the walls (with Matt's help of course) since she was behind most of the fingerprints, dirt and food smudges and crayon. She was very determine for the first 30 seconds or so, then she dropped her rag, wiped her hands off and announced that she was done. When I said not a chance, she replied with a shrug: "I gave it my best shot!"


- Rory is obsessed with going to Disneyland, to the "princess castle" and asks repeatedly if we can go. I told her we could go when she was bigger, and when that wasn't specific enough, I said we would take her when Sophie was as big as Rory. So the other day, Rory asked if she could hold Sophie. I said sure and set Sophie on Rory's lap. Now Sophie has gotten quite big lately and she looked like quite a handful. Without thinking I said: "Holy cow! Sophie is almost as big as you are!" Without missing a beat Rory responded "So now we can go to the princess castle!!" I have since specified that we will go when Rory turns four. Now she asks me daily if it's her birthday yet. Sigh!


Me: Rory, if Sophie moved into your room would you be happy or sad?
Rory: Happy. Daddy, if mommy was in your room would you be sad or happy?
Matt: I would be happy.


- After a busy morning grocery shopping, I was struggling to get both girls in their carseats in our little car. While I was clipping Rory in, she sighed and said "We need a bigger car!" Too true!!


- The other day I asked her if she wanted to run errands with me or stay at home and babysit Sophie. She looked at me in horror and said: "Mom! We don't sit on babies! We sit on chairs!" What a good big sister! Always looking out for Sophie's wellbeing.


Speaking of Sophie, it amazes me how wonderful that little girl is! Sophie is getting so big, weighing in last at over 12 lbs! I call her my chubba bubba! I love her fat sleeves, her giant tummy and her double chin smiles. She smiles all the time! and giggles too. It melts my heart!


She is also quite a pooper! And like her sister before her, quite a blow out baby! You would think with all the advancements they have made to diapers, they would have designed them to keep the poop in but alas! I am continually changing blow out diapers and washing mounds and mounds of poopy clothes. The other day while wiping Sophie's bum following a poop-tastraphy, she farted. I jumped. For those of you who are unaware, I have been shot in the face with poop while changing diapers and it is not an experience I will soon forget. So forgive me for being a little jumpy. Well Sophie saw me jump and giggled. She preceded to fluff at least three more times, and giggled at my jumpy reaction each and every time! I swear she was doing it on purpose!! 


Rory is devastated whenever Sophie has an "accident". One day Rory said in desperation, "Sophie is never going to get a sticker!" (Rory's reward for going a certain period of time without an accident). She has also told me following a blow out, "Sophie needs a timeout!" (Rory's punishment for having an accident). I even overheard her telling Sophie, "Now Sophie, no pooping on Piglet!" 


Here are some pictures from our past six weeks or so:
Rory's set up for General Conference 
Decorating Easter eggs
 Love the bright colours!
 Showing off her pretty egg before...
 braking it and eating it.
 Easter treats left behind by the Easter bunny.
 Bunny ears!
 Rory with all of her Easter loot. 
Don't worry, I ate most of it!
Sisters! 
Easter Sunday 



 Rory likes to be in every picture of Sophie.
Pretty dresses from my mom. 

 These girls LOVE each other!
Cute dress from Lisha and Matt 
"little" sister 
 I love these smiles!

 Just chillin' and watching TV

Rory and Daddy's tower
My favourite picture of Sophie. She looks like a cartoon! 
Picture taken by Rory.

Well we have another very busy month ahead of us; full of renovating and hopefully some much needed yard work. Plus a wedding, and a temporary new addition to our family (Jade will be staying with us for 6 weeks). Its going to be a fun month!

No comments:

Post a Comment