June was a very busy month and after Rory's birthday I misplaced the camera so I don't have too many pictures of it. I did however borrow some from others so as to paint a more complete picture of our activities so far this summer.
Rory's birthday was a calm affair after her crazy party. We had her friend, Connor, and his family over for dinner because he hadn't been able to attend her birthday party. They played while the grown ups watched the hockey game. After they left, Rory got to open a couple more presents, this time from Matt and I. She got a princess nightgown, princess panties and a princess potty seat. (She likes princesses, and as a practical parent I can't help but get her practical gifts. Let her friends get her toys).
Playing with Connor on her birthday.
A couple of days later, I celebrated my 24th birthday. It was a nice day. Matt and Rory got me curtains and a curtain rod for my master bedroom. We then went out for dinner as a family (good food, terrible service! Not sure we will go back there anytime soon).
That weekend was the family birthday party. Grandparents and aunts and uncles from Edmonton, Cardston and Utah came to celebrate with Rory. It was rainy, so we just played at the house and eat a scrumptious lunch. Rory was again spoiled with cute gifts. I also got an AMAZING black and white chair!! My husband had planned to surprise me with it and he succeeded!! I had no idea I was getting it. My two sister-in-laws also went in on that gift for me. I love it! My in-laws and parents each gave me a gift card so I could go buy a another chair for the front room. (it is now almost totally finished!)
Rory and my new chair!
Since we didn't seem to have enough going on in June, I also decided to potty train Rory. I was planning on waiting until July, when things calmed down a bit, but Rory asked if she could start wearing big girl panties. It would have been stupid not to jump on that opportunity! So we began and within a five days she was trained!! She still has minor accidents every once in a while, but she now wears panties all day. Even during nap time and when we are out in public. Her first full day without accidents, we took to her see KungFu Panda 2 to celebrate. She still wears diapers at night, but that is because I think it is cruel to make a 2 years old wear panties to bed when she are too small to open her bedroom door by herself. It's just asking for trouble!
Rory wearing her potty training crown. We put gem stickers on it every time she peed. Note the underwear!!
The next weekend, we headed up to Edmonton to my cousins wedding. It was a beautiful day. The bride was lovely and the decorations fantastic. Congrats Cam and Dray! It was a great day. Though we were out of town, Rory did great at staying dry and peeing in the potty! I am really proud of her and how quickly she caught on!
Rory made a friend while waiting for the bride and groom.
Hudson girl cousins
The following weekend, July began with Canada Day. Matt family came to visit for an extended long weekend, that included shopping, movies, golfing for the boys and a relaxing spa day for the girls! It was nice! The best part of the weekend for me was seeing Wicked at the Jubilee on Saturday. I have been waiting to see Wicked since I was first introduced to the music, over six years ago. My mom got me and Matt tickets for Christmas and I have been waiting ever since for the day to come. Let me just say, it was so worth the wait. It was fantastic! I loved it! The acting was great, the costumes were incredible and the singing was amazing!! It was so powerful, I actually cried (more than once) though I have taken to doing that more since Rory was born. She has turned me into a right old sap!
On the merry-go-round on Canada Day.
Now that all the craziness is behind us, I am enjoying doing nothing but relaxing with my two year old, reading Harry Potter (I am now on book 7), and watching Heroes with my husband. I know we are a couple of years behind, but we love watching Heroes since we discovered all 79 episodes where on Netflix! This month we will be busy with the stampede, Harry Potter, birthday parties, and camping. Looks like we will have to wait for August to really be able to slow down!
Sunday at my parents house
Rory's first ice cream cone. Note her unique technique.
Love this girl!










No comments:
Post a Comment