It's finally time to break the radio silence! I have been waiting to post this until the paperwork was signed and dated. We bought a house! Technically the conditions wont be waved until tomorrow but we have had an inspection and everything is looking good.
We began looking at the end of February. With Matt's raise and bonus, we were finally able to afford our first place. I met a realtor at my Tuesday Zumba class and she turned out to be golden! I worked with Iris Talbot and her daughter Sara Melanson. They are both awesome! We met with Iris on a Friday night(Feb. 25) and Sara took us to look at 7 properties the very next morning! One of them was the one! I could tell as soon as I walked in the door. But Matt took a bit of convincing. We saw it again on Tuesday, along with another property that Matt had been interested in. It was the perfect move. Matt realized that the house I loved was perfect for us. (He already knew that. He was just hoping to find something cheaper). We took a couple days to think about it and do the math. Thursday night we put in an offer. It was a very stressful night. We countered back and forth for a bit and were surprised when the sellers came back with a firm and final offer that was less than we were expecting!
We wanted to keep it quiet until the conditions were met and waved. We are ready to go now! We just need to wait until April 15th. Then we can get in and paint. We need to be out of our rental by April 30th, which is absolutely perfect. After spending so much time waiting and hoping and praying to be able to find a house (a couple of years of hoping before we were actually in the position to buy) I can't believe how fast the process has gone! It's a blessing.
So today is Matt's 27th birthday and what a way to celebrate. I'm seriously trying to get him up off the couch and out the door to Rona so I can look at paint colours. Sadly he is under the weather so I am satisfying myself by watching HGTV (my favourite channel). Everyday I design a new room in my mind. I can't wait to be able to do it in real life!
One of the things I love about the house is its floor plan. It is also in very good condition. That being said, it is not decorated to our tastes AT ALL! All the more fun for me!
I didn't want to put a lot of pictures on here so I have added a link to my web album. Feel free to peruse the "Before" pictures. "After" pictures to come slowly over many months (or more likely, years!)
Link:
I can't wait to get in and get going. I am so happy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment